Tuesday 13 July 2010

May I Start, May I Finish. Pochade painting of Penny Lane.





























Working from a photograph and colour studies etc this morning. This is the result of work I did a couple of days ago. I always find it harder and not as rewarding doing these studies in front of the computer, but sometimes needs must, mostly lack of real time to sit and paint on site.

I've been looking at another urban painter this week, Andrew Gifford. Andrew works in oil and finishes them off in the studio over the coming months, adding glazes and ,'putting in the art', as he goes along. He always works initially on site but continues to build them up this way.

Andrew Gifford, now recognized widely as one of the most innovative young landscape painters working today, is a headliner of Art London, and John Martin notes,

One hundred and fifty years into the photographic age it is exciting to discover that there are still aspects of reality that only an artist can record.

I think I have enough initial studies at the moments to work from and produce larger versions of the on site paintings in oil...next step I think.


http://www.jmlondon.com/pages/eventthumbnails/20.html

No comments: