Saturday 31 July 2010

Liverpool painting. May I Start, May I Finish. Wapping Dock















Last day of the month and 15 Liverpool paintings completed. I'll probably get time to draw breath and search for new paintings outside the city centre. I was given an interesting book called, 'Village Liverpool' by Kay Parrot. In it is a collection of Liverpool scenes from various artist from a generation or more past. It may be interesting to visit some of the paintings as they are now and redo them for comparison. Writing about one of the artists, Alfred Harry Jones, it says,

'Mr Jones has taken up the brush and palette laid down by Hardman and is in the same way, preserving memories of the city's landmarks and quiet places for the historical interest of future generations.' p11

Just about sums up what the project is about really, coincidentally, he died in 1958, the year I was born.

No comments: