Tuesday 20 July 2010

Liverpool Painting. May I Start, May I Finish. Back Percy Street



















21cm x 21cm oil on board. I think this one's cooked now so I'll call it a day. This was worked up from an acrylic image done some time ago. I received an email today from artist Richard Mckinley talking about finding beauty in the mundane.

It put me in mind of the current Liverpool project in that our time is filled with the ordinary; it is up to us to find the extraordinary in that. Letting events tell their own story as much as possible. It is perhaps up to the artist to find a sense of the sublime in the most inauspicious of subjects.

As Philip Larkin noted, “Nothing, like something, happens anywhere
"

http://pastelpointersblog.artistsnetwork.com/2010/06/14/BeautyInTheMundane.aspx

No comments: