Wednesday 23 June 2010

May I Start, May I Finish. Pochade painting of Woolton Road



This one of Woolton road was done from photos sketches and a few colour notes I made. A little row of shops across the road from the Halfway House pub. Found a good old book today, (1986), by the painter Trevor Chamberlain, 'Oil Painting Pure and Simple', by Ron Ranson.

Trevor's an outdoor painter who has done more than a few small paintings of Liverpool from the looks of things. I've uploaded a small picture of one he did of Lime Street Station, this place has just been refurbished so I might pop along and see what a new one would look like 25 years on...watch this space.

1 comment:

René PleinAir said...

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your comment on my blog, ...

Indeed a nice book of even a nicer painter, in fact (for me) the nicest painter ever, ...