Thursday 6 May 2010

Look out! He's got a knife.


I quiet like the idea of painting a still life with a title in mind, a narrative, and marrying the two. I've done still life paintings in the past that are a pleasant arrangement of objects, but I think if the title and the objects are considered together it can make for a more interesting painting. I considered doing a painting of the palette knife and added a tube of paint for balance, pretty standard stuff. But if the tube is red and the knife has some on the tip then the title is going to change all that. Like the last post I now think of Robert De Niro every time I see that mushroom, strange but true. I've got a few more in the pipeline, still life with a twist. If nothing else it keeps it fresh and makes me think of the composition.

No comments: